Your privacy is important to us. It's our policy to respect your privacy regarding any data we may collect from you across this website, and throughout your engagement with us.
What We Collect
When you visit our sites, we automatically collect analytics and log data from your web browser. This data includes your IP address, browser type and version, time and date, the pages you view, and other details about your visit.
When you contact us, we ask for some basic information about you, like your name and email address. This information is considered personally identifying. We ask for it specifically to know who we’re talking to.
When you work with us, we ask for information about your business, operations, customers and audience. While you make most of this information publicly available, we may also ask for confidential information to assist us with ensuring the best possible outcome for our work with you.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process information lawfully, fairly and transparently. We only collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. As a digital agency, this means we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract that you are a party to;
- it’s necessary to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest, like research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (like staying in touch through our email newsletter); or we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
- When you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this won’t affect any processing we’ve already done. We retain information for our records and to facilitate subsequent dealings in the future. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- While we retain this information, we’ll protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
How We Collect & Use Information
We collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes:
- to provide creative services and client support;
- to respond to sales and project enquiries;
- to process payments;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; and to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
- We don’t publicly disclose any data specifics, but may compile and share aggregated and anonymized versions of this information, for example, in business performance reports.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Hohiya is supported by third-party providers to facilitate the provision of a transactional website. These include DNS management, web hosting, payment processing, and Google Analytics.
We will comply with government and law enforcement requests for data, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
International Transfers of Personal Information
The data we retain is stored and processed in Taipei, Taiwan, and/or where we and our third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
Your Rights as Our User
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by contacting us via our website. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details or a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us via our website, providing us with full details. We’ll investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we’ll take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, use the “unsubscribe” link provided in the emails we send you, or contact us via the details of our website.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
About This Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
At our discretion, we may update this policy to reflect current acceptable practices. We will take reasonable steps to let users know about significant changes via our website. Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around data and personal information.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information, feel free to contact us via our contact page.